New Zealand’s premier adult music station
Classic Hits has unrivalled coverage, broadcasting in 25 markets throughout the country.
Classic Hits reaches New Zealand communities nationwide, from the smallest to the largest. It’s “a station everyone can agree on, playing hits from the 80's, 90's and today.” And every Classic Hits station has its own fun and friendly local breakfast show.
Appealing mostly to people aged 25-54, it connects with an audience who are the nation’s household shoppers, home renovators, child-rearers, event-goers.
The typical Classic Hits listener:
• 25-54 years old
• Two-income family with children
• Socially active and community aware
• Household shoppers
Classic Hits listeners have established lifestyles and family commitments, so they’re big spenders on items such as furniture and household appliances, mortgages and financial products, cars and holidays, household grocery supplies and family entertainment.
Classic Hits Facts
- 325,300 listeners, with 57% being female
- #1 station nationally for females aged 25-54 (115,900)^
- #1 station for household shoppers with kids (76,800)^ and a total of 171,300 listeners are household shoppers
- #1 music station for listeners with personal income $80k+ (30,500)
- #1 music station for business owners and a total of 95,900 business decision makers listen to Classic Hits
- 77% of listeners are in socio economic groups 1-3 (249,500)
- Classichits.co.nz visitors viewed over 1 million page impressions in March 2013 with a six minute duration*
SOURCE: TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1-2013, Cumulative Audience, All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn, unless otherwise stated
^ Station Share (%), All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn
* Nielsen Market Intelligence Q1 2013