New Zealand’s market leader
Newstalk ZB is the premier source of breaking news, information and comment. High profile, respected personalities including Mike Hosking, Leighton Smith and Kerre Woodham bring the news makers to radio to report, discuss and debate the most current and controversial topics of the day.
Newstalk ZB brings New Zealand the news from around the world and across the street - as it happens.
The typical Newstalk ZB listener
• 35 years and above
• Business owner & decision maker
• Key upper socio-economic group
• Mature family
The typical Newstalk ZB listener is a busy lifestyler with above-average wealth.
The maker of business decisions on everything from finance to fleet vehicles.
Free of constraints the Newstalk ZB listener is into travel, enjoying life’s opportunities and rewards.
Newstalk ZB Facts
- #1 station^ with a total of 399,800 listeners and a 50/50 female/male split
- Mike Hosking’s breakfast show is #1 in the country with 282,600 listeners
- #1 station for business decision makers (112,300 listeners)
- #1 station for business owners (34,100)
- #1 station for homeowners (238,100)
- #1 station for household shoppers (228,100)
- #1 station for main income earners (248,200), and those with personal income $80k+ (39,900)
- #1 station for listeners in socio economic groups 1-3^, 270,100 listeners
- An average of almost 10,000 unique visitors to newstalkzb.co.nz per day, more than double Q1 2012*
SOURCE: TNS New Zealand Commercial National Survey 1-2013, Cumulative Audience, All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn, unless otherwise stated
^ Station Share (%), All 10+ Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn;
* Nielsen Market Intelligence Q1 2013